UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

can't compile in SDK 13.4. Error 1

I'm trying to run some code that was developed using opencv.  I get the following when I build:

**** Build of configuration Debug for project R2_Leg_app ****

make all
Building file: ../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp
Invoking: PowerPC g++ compiler
powerpc-eabi-g++ -Wall -O0 -g3 -I"C:\Tools\opencv\build\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../R2_Leg_bsp/ppc405_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.d" -MT"src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.d" -o"src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.o" "../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp"
C:/Tools/opencv/build/include/opencv2/core/core.hpp:1265: warning: 'class cv::_InputArray' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C:/Tools/opencv/build/include/opencv2/core/core.hpp:1315: warning: 'class cv::_OutputArray' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp: In function 'void RanSacPlaneFitM(cv::Mat, cv::Vec4f&, int, float, cv::Mat)':
../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp:146: warning: converting to 'int' from 'double'
../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp: In function 'void ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap(cv::Mat, cv::Mat, cv::Mat, cv::Vec4f, cv::Mat)':
../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp:213: warning: unused variable 'n'
../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp:214: warning: unused variable 'ptr'
Finished building: ../src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.cpp
' '
Building file: ../src/DeriveRotationMatrix.cpp
powerpc-eabi-g++ -Wall -O0 -g3 -I"C:\Tools\opencv\build\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../R2_Leg_bsp/ppc405_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/DeriveRotationMatrix.d" -MT"src/DeriveRotationMatrix.d" -o"src/DeriveRotationMatrix.o" "../src/DeriveRotationMatrix.cpp"
C:/Tools/opencv/build/include/opencv2/core/core.hpp:1265: warning: 'class cv::_InputArray' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C:/Tools/opencv/build/include/opencv2/core/core.hpp:1315: warning: 'class cv::_OutputArray' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
Finished building: ../src/DeriveRotationMatrix.cpp
' '
Building file: ../src/main.cc
powerpc-eabi-g++ -Wall -O0 -g3 -I"C:\Tools\opencv\build\include" -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../R2_Leg_bsp/ppc405_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/main.d" -MT"src/main.d" -o"src/main.o" "../src/main.cc"
Finished building: ../src/main.cc
' '
Building target: R2_Leg_app.elf
Invoking: PowerPC g++ linker
powerpc-eabi-g++ -L"C:\Tools\opencv\build\lib\Debug\" -Wl,-T -Wl,../src/lscript.ld -L../../R2_Leg_bsp/ppc405_0/lib -o"R2_Leg_app.elf"  ./src/ComputePlaneEquationFromDisparityMap.o ./src/DeriveRotationMatrix.o ./src/main.o   -lopencv_calib3d231d.lib -lopencv_contrib231d.lib -lopencv_core231d.lib -lopencv_features2d231d.lib -lopencv_flann231d.lib -lopencv_gpu231d.lib -lopencv_haartraining_engined.lib -lopencv_highgui231d.lib -lopencv_imgproc231d.lib -lopencv_legacy231d.lib -lopencv_ml231d.lib -lopencv_objdetect231d.lib -lopencv_ts231d.lib -lopencv_video231d.lib -Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group
powerpc-eabi-g++: no input files
make: *** [R2_Leg_app.elf] Error 1

what does this error mean and how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: can't compile in SDK 13.4. Error 1

This is due to a syntax error in the code. Review the console messages to see where the error occurred.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards,
Gareth
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Syntax errors will have a description and point to a line number. This has neither. All I have to go on is that it's "error 1".
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

There is an issue with the syntax in your code.

Please check it carefully!

0 Kudos
Observer roelheirman
Observer

I had the same issue. By commenting out parts of my code I found out this line was causing the issue: 

time_t time_now = std::time(NULL);

I still don't know why this would cause problems, but at least my code runs now. 

0 Kudos
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

@mvalvo

It looks like the 'compile' completed, but the issue is that the linker pass (which is actually calling the compiler again) has no more c/c++ files in the list. 

options...

call the linker

make sure the correct flags to only invoke the linker are set when calling the compiler to call the linker

verify the parameter list is correct. (e.g. try making it simple... just your objects, to see if the complaint changes to that the libraries are missing rather than the input files)

Hope that helps

0 Kudos