cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

can't create xilkernel BSP

Hello,

I've install SDK 2014.14 (SDK only) from web site. It does not require any license as far as I understand.

But on trying to create BSP I face some difficulties:

1. BSP standalone, can be created and I see on failures.

2. But on trying to create BSP based on xilkernel I get error:

[Hsi 55-1442] Error(s) while running TCL procedure generate() 22:17:48 ERROR : Error generating bsp sources: Failed to generate BSP. 22:17:48 ERROR : Failed to generate sources for BSP project xilkernel_bsp_0hhh org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error occurred while generating bsp sources. Please check the SDK Log view for further details. at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.internalGenerateBsp(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:178) at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.access$2(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:163) at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:131) at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2345) at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:135) at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Please Advise,

Ran

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDK requires a license. However, I don't think this is the issue here.

What OS are you using?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

there are a few basic peripherals needed to make a XIlkernel BSP such as a timer and interrupt controller.

If you are trying to build a xilkernel bsp with microblaze, refer to ug758 http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_4/ug758.pdf

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am trying to build xilkernel BSP project. On the create process there are failures (I didn't try yet to build). There is no such problem on creating standalone BSP project.

It might be related to missing peripherals such as timer , and interrupt controller, as Hem said.

I will check this and get back with results.

Thank you very much,

Ran

0 Kudos