UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

custom data and program sections

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am working with SDK with Kintex7 MiniModule plus reference design. In this design all sections are placed on DDR2 memory. I need to have some functions and data placed in internal BRAM memory instead DDR2 memory, to speed up performance. I know how specify new sections in *.ld script file, for example "mytext" and "mybss" are two new sections. I don't know how tell that a variable must be linked in "mybss" sections and a function must run in "mytext" section.  Are there any pragma for gnu linker?

Best Regards,

Begos

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: custom data and program sections

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think that I can use, for example, this directive:

void example_func(void) __attribute__((section("my_section")));

Does anyone know if is it right?

begos

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,

yes, I know this document. This document explain how modify linker script file to specify new custom sections, but I need the further step, that is  to know what are the directive or pragma to tell to the linker that a specific portion of code or data must be linked in a desired custom section. I know how do this with other toolchain (code composer studio, raisonance ,  keil, iar...) but I don't know how in SDK.

Thanks,

begos

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think that I can use, for example, this directive:

void example_func(void) __attribute__((section("my_section")));

Does anyone know if is it right?