UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error during sdk debugging

during the debug of my program in sdk this message continues to appear "warning: Can not parse XML target description; XML support was disabled at compile time
warning: No executable has been specified and target does not support
determining executable automatically. Try using the "file" command. "

i have no idea how to solve this, the only thing i tried to do was to set manually the file .elf in debug configuration->applications  but with no result .

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: error during sdk debugging

HI @paololucantonio,

Could you please elaborate? What are you trying to debug exactly? What are the steps you are following to debug it?

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
Visitor laczol23
Visitor

I have the same problem. In SDK 2018.3 the debugging (GDB) worked. I updated the SDK to 2019.1, opened the same project, and got the above listed messages.

0 Kudos

Hi @laczol23,

Please try with a fresh workspace and import your old projects and check if the issue still persist.
For Hardware Platform projects and BSP projects, it is recommended to create new ones using the new version to take advantages of the new updates,

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution

i have already tried this with no solutions of the problem; i really have no idea how to solve this and now i'm forced to use the "performance analysis" to debug
0 Kudos

i'm debugging a simple program to check if my spi communication is working properly; i simply configure the spi channel and send constantly something, checking if the signals from mosi and sclk are correct.
0 Kudos