UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor forthesujeet
Visitor

ethernet and lwip / socket programming

Hi all,

can anybody help me to use ethernet port for data transmission.

I am explaining in brief of my work:

Aim: Some files(i.e.. Data) are stored in DDR of FPGA1 and i am trying to send these files to FPGA2 through Ethernet port.

Board used:

I have two spartan 3e 500e sptartar kits.

(additionally I have also extra resources one V5 ML 507 and one V4 ML405)

Work done successfully are below:

Approach 1:-  Using ISE

DDR interface done in ISE. And i may able to done on BSB.

In fact it is a not major problem for me.

Regarding my aim i tried to use IP core EMAC lite in ISE 10.1but i am not able understand various IP core interfaces of emac lite with my modules.

So i not proceeded in ISE.

Approach 2:- Using BSB

I have dumped a RTOS xilkernel in Spartan 3e 500e FPGA successfully and tested it's output at hyperterminal   (developed application having a boot program also).

I learnt socket programming using LWIP.

But i don't know the software platform and library settings to use lwip library in my SDK.

i don't know It is required to a RTOS like xilkernal for lwip socket programs ?

i found suggessions from sombody to use http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf 

but as i saw it is dedicated application.

can anybody help me in useing lwip and its software platform settings. i will be very thankful to him.

sujeet

0 Kudos