UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

export hardware flow is not supported for design with no block diagram instances

Jump to solution

Hi every one,

During my internship I work on a project started by someone else. I've made lot of tutorial in order to understand how vivado and the SDK works, but on this project the simple feature of exporting hardware doesn't work...

If you have any idea of answer that would be helpfull.

I have attached a screenshot of the error.

clmnt_lbrr

Vivado version: 2014.4

Board: KC705

Screenshot-1.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: export hardware flow is not supported for design with no block diagram instances

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please assemble the mcs, clock generator and other IPs in an IPI project i.e. block design and have the RTL logic wrapper around it if any. Then the tool will detect the block design and will export to SDK.

Refer to page 71 in http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf 

Regards

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
15 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: export hardware flow is not supported for design with no block diagram instances

Jump to solution
Hi,
Please check the below thread.
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Vivado-2014-2-can-t-export-to-SDK/td-p/480754
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

Please post your log file.  It will contain the reasons why you get this error.

And, read the last post in the thread suggested above.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution

here is the log file,

#-----------------------------------------------------------
# Vivado v2014.4 (64-bit)
# SW Build 1067303 on Wed Nov 12 17:04:19 MST 2014
# IP Build 1068446 on Thu Nov 13 19:40:58 MST 2014
# Start of session at: Tue Jun  2 16:37:00 2015
# Process ID: 17119
# Log file: /user/erasmus/cluberry/vivado.log
# Journal file: /user/erasmus/cluberry/vivado.jou
#-----------------------------------------------------------
start_gui
open_project /user/erasmus/cluberry/Desktop/project/fin-math/workspaces/complete_dp/complete_dp.xpr
Scanning sources...
Finished scanning sources
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-234] Refreshing IP repositories
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-1704] No user IP repositories specified
INFO: [IP_Flow 19-2313] Loaded Vivado IP repository '/cadtools/xilinx/2010/Vivado/2014.4/data/ip'.
open_project: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:18 ; elapsed = 00:00:12 . Memory (MB): peak = 5751.062 ; gain = 71.664 ; free physical = 1921 ; free virtual = 18939
ERROR: [Vivado 12-4157] Export Hardware flow is not supported for designs with no block diagram instances

I've already seen this topic, but it is not speaking about the same error

clmnt_lbrr

0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution

Moreover, the implementation is completed but with time constrains errors...

Here is attached the log file of the Systhesis and Implementation if it could help

clmnt_lbrr

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please assemble the mcs, clock generator and other IPs in an IPI project i.e. block design and have the RTL logic wrapper around it if any. Then the tool will detect the block design and will export to SDK.

Refer to page 71 in http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf 

Regards

Praveen

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution

So I should make a block with mcs and clockgen, and make a wrapper of a wrapper? Or should I just make a block design with the mcs, clockgen and the pricer's file?

clmnt_lbrr

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I meant block design. 

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution

ok, but can we do a block design from file that are already under a wrapper. A kind of "select the 3 files" -> right clic -> creat a block design?

clmnt_lbrr

0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution

@pvenugo wrote:

Hi,

I think it's the good way to solve the problem but I need to make lot of modifications to the project as it is now, I'll send you feedback when that would have been done.

clmnt_lbrr

0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Since the last time I have change the structure of the project as @pvenugo advised me.

I now have no problem to export, at least to windows shows up in vivado, but the SDK doesn't open as it should be

here is the picture of the structure and the SDK problem

Screenshot-4.png

Screenshot-3.png

It seems that no hardware are exported, do you see anything not normal?

clmnt_lbrr

0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution
So I have open an other project Vivado and SDK it was working. I have retry the first project and it work now...

clmnt_lbrr
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

So, did you get the design work and exported to SDK without any issue?

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution
Hi,

Yes the design seems to work (I have others things to check which are not relative to this section), I managed to export to SDK and programed the board without others problems than describe in my posts.

note : I have update Vivado to 2015.1 during the redevelopment of the project, if it has a importance for future reader.

clmnt_lbrr

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
OK, if this post has solved your issue, please mark it as accepted solution.

Regards
Praveen

0 Kudos
Observer clmnt_lbrr
Observer

Jump to solution
already done!

clmnt_lbrr
0 Kudos