Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

fail hello world in ZCU102, UG1209 tutorial

Jump to solution

I'm running a example from ug1209 (zynq Ultrascale+ embedded design tutorial) using the Hello World example on page 30. .

My setup matches the tutorial in term of Vivado version 2018.2,  ZCU102 board, Terminal setup

What went wrong? Below are the error, along with SDK Terminal output and then a second err.

tchin123_0-1623514838705.png

tchin123_1-1623514899238.png

when I run it a second time I got this error

tchin123_2-1623515075854.png

below is my Run Configuration

tchin123_0-1623515607754.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@tchin123 You will run psu_init.tcl for initialization before launching Helloworld. And psu_init.tcl will initialize DDR, if it fails, initialization will be stopped. So this DDR issue would affect Helloworld.

Thanks,

Longley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi, @tchin123 

Would you please check below AR and the SN of your ZCU102? 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/71961.html

Thanks,

Longley

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
tchin123
Voyager
Voyager

How does AR#  71961 which address DDR issue has any effect on the "Hello World" tutorial on the ZCU102 board?

The Hello world tutorial only print a line out to the SDK console via Silicon Labs USB to UART bridge Interface. can you elaborate.

0 Kudos
garthl
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hey, @tchin123 

Are you using the psu_init.tcl debug flow? The psu_init.tcl debug flow can no longer be used, so the FSBL must be used to initialize the system during debug. 

Please see this AR for more information: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/72210.html

Thanks, 

Garth 

0 Kudos
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@tchin123 You will run psu_init.tcl for initialization before launching Helloworld. And psu_init.tcl will initialize DDR, if it fails, initialization will be stopped. So this DDR issue would affect Helloworld.

Thanks,

Longley

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post