Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

fatal error: memory.h SDK

Good morning everyone, 

I am new to this so i am trying to run a program ( C++)  on my board ( zynq702), but seems that it can't recognize some library's?, Tried to change the different tool chain editors with no luck , below is the errors on the librays im getting and my current compiler setup. any help would be appreciated thanks a lot 

libraryissue.JPG
setup.JPG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @snowman777,

You need to work with the supported libraries. Refer to UG643 - Xilinx Standalone Library Documentation. Remember that you are doing the application for an embedded system not for a computer.

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

thanks a lot Florentw,

I remember having this application run on an older version of vivado 13.3, you are saying certain applications will not run on the stand alone board depending on their libraries or is it more the compiler settings ? 

Side question, what would be the maxium application size for running on the zynq702 board? 

Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @snowman777

I remember having this application run on an older version of vivado 13.3, you are saying certain applications will not run on the stand alone board depending on their libraries or is it more the compiler settings ? 

> You might can add library into SDK. I am not sure how it will work with system libraries though.

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_1/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_t_proj_libraries.html

Side question, what would be the maxium application size for running on the zynq702 board? 

It will depends if you are using the DDR or not. You should be able to find the info in the linker script in SDK.

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hey Florent, 

Thanks a lot for the all the info , actually changing the toolchain compiler to MinGw helped a lot, but when running run as, (system debugger) TCF gives the folliowing error :

09:05:36 **** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project FastGps ****
Info: Internal Builder is used for build
a9-linaro-pre-build-step
Cannot run program "a9-linaro-pre-build-step": Launching failed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thank you Florent for all your help so far, 

how would I be able to see on the DDR or linker how much storage there is ? and Also if you could answer the above error as well. Thanks a lot 

Jeremy

0 Kudos