Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwehumbiza
Visitor
Visitor

gprof using Zynq-7 ZC706

Hi Community,

I am trying to do a software profiling using Xilinx SDK, I have Zynq-7 ZC706 development board, I followed the instructions on how to do it, when I ran my application software it stuck in FSBL at very beginning,(it stuck in boot.s loop) I think it doesn't know where to go next, If I remove all profiling settings the software runs fines, just this morning I read " gprof based profiling is supported only by XMD and is not supported for new Xilinx devices" From Xilinx SDK help I am using, is this statement true for the type of development board I am using?.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pvempati
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rwehumbiza,

Which release you are trying? and Gprof profiling is supported in system debugger also.

Also post your project/program so that we can replicate here.

Please try the below chapter mentioned in SDK help.

Setting Up the Software for Profiling

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen Kumar. V

0 Kudos
rwehumbiza
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Pvempati'

I am using Xilinx SDK Release Version: 2015.4 and vivado 2015.4, also I am using a system debugger. I can not post a project/program here, I can show you what I have in Project Explorer, see image below,  I have fpga_top_hw_platform_0, fsbl files, fsbl_bsp files, ssbl files and test (application), This is what I did, 

1. Enabled enable_sw_intrusive_profiling field to true 

2. On the drivers item, under cpu driver. I Added the -pg flag to the extra_compiler_flags option.

3. In the build settings, I enabled profiling (-pg).

The application build Ok, but when I tried to run it, It get stuck in initial startup code for the Cortex A9 processor, well before my application is called. I thing it has to do with the BSP settings for the processor. 

Project_Explorer.jpg 

0 Kudos
rwehumbiza
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Pvempati,

attached file is the code where the start up hangs up.

Regards

0 Kudos