UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer wangf
Observer

in EDK project, whtat is the easy way to download a data file into SDRAM ram? thanks

hi, all,

My EDK system runs well, it include microblaze and MPMC, I want to download a piece of data into DDR sdram, as test stream.

the data file is more than 1MB, and store on my computer, what is the easy way to do this? can XMD download a data file into SDRAM? or I have to use another kinds of peripherals?

regards

WangFeng

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: in EDK project, whtat is the easy way to download a data file into SDRAM ram? thanks

Hello.

You can download data into SDRAM using Serial RS232, USB or ethernet whatever you can think of.

XMD i doubt would do that stuff for you. Its a debugger. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
Observer wangf
Observer

Re: in EDK project, whtat is the easy way to download a data file into SDRAM ram? thanks

ethernet and usb is most feasible way to do this, does xilinx has such kind of sample or appnote?

0 Kudos

Hello.

For ethernet there is a link which will be helpful to you....http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf 

This link contains Reference design for ethernet.

Note that the software code also executes from DDR SDRAM so be careful before reading and writing it.

For USB Xilinx never wrote and read SDRAM  through USB. I did it in a very unconventional way using a FIFO and combining ISE and EDK.

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Feng,

XMD actually supports to download a data file. Use the -data option and specify a start address. Check out est_rm.pdf for details.

-XF

0 Kudos

Thanks XF for correcting me on XMD usage as a data transfer module. I have never used it that way.
Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
0 Kudos