Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaibhavsomani
Visitor
Visitor

installation of u-boot

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am very new to programming zynq using Vivado and SDK. 

I have a zedboard, in which I am able to flash the program to QSPI with Xilinx SDK and device is able to boot from QSPI flash succefully.

I have made a custom zynq (Xc7z020) board. I am trying same Xilinx SDK tool to flash the program in QSPI on my custom board. But it is failing to do so.

I have read multiple places that u-boot and device-tree downloads from github. Is it a compulsory step ? or I can program the flash with just Xilinx SDK.

I have doubt because I am think zedboard comes with pre-built image, and thats why I am able to program flash with SDK without u-boot installation steps.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephenm

Yes there is a stripped down uboot binary delivered in Vitis. User just needs to provide the flash config, and an fsbl ( this is to config the PS DDR where the uboot will be executed from)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stephenm

If you want to program the QSPI, then you can use the program_flash utility in XSCT.

This actually uses the uboot SF commands under the hood. So, you could actually use uboot manually.

However, you should use the program_flash utility as mentioned above

0 Kudos
vaibhavsomani
Visitor
Visitor

That means Xilinx SDK comes with in-built uboot. So I have no need to download the uboot.elf from GitHub and Xilinx SDK installation is well enough for programming the QSPI flash.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

0 Kudos
stephenm

Yes there is a stripped down uboot binary delivered in Vitis. User just needs to provide the flash config, and an fsbl ( this is to config the PS DDR where the uboot will be executed from)

View solution in original post

vaibhavsomani
Visitor
Visitor

@stephenm  Thanks. This clears my doubt.