UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer bhavyakamath.k
Observer

interrupt issue with and without trigger in ILA

Hi,

I am trying to run a AXI I2C application on zynq 7000 platform in SDK debug mode. Im facing a weird issue with the ILA and interrupt.

When i trigger for I2C interrupt signal and run the SDK application in debug mode I see the interrupt is generated and everything works fine but when I run the application without trigger the interrupt in ILA, I dont see any interrupt and the application gets stuck waiting for the interrupt. Has anyone come across such issue with ILA? 

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavya K

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: interrupt issue with and without trigger in ILA

The ILA is a relativly passive thing, 

its 'just' a load .

Are you fully constrained, and meeting timing ?

Try adding two input register delay  to the ILA , 

it on the first menu of the ILA core.

this helps with timing constraints.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Observer bhavyakamath.k
Observer

Re: interrupt issue with and without trigger in ILA

HI,

Its a xilinx provided AXI I2C core, so i didn't really constrain anything other than clock and there are no timing violations. And moreover it works only with ILA triggered, which is really strange.

Try adding two input register delay  to the ILA , 

it on the first menu of the ILA core.

How would this help? We will be trying to remove ILA at the end of the day and if it doesn't work without that we don't have a solution.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos