cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

issues generating .ELF file SDK

the program i need to run on my zyng 702 board requires the MinGW libraries, When it tries to build the ELF file, it generates the errors below.  I have included the tool chain editor settings as well. any help on this would be appreciated. thanks a lot  

'Building target: FastGps.elf'
'Invoking: MinGW C Linker'
gcc -L"C:\Users\workspace\zc702demo\zc702demo.sdk\x86_64-w64-mingw32" -L../../FastGps_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/lib -o "FastGps.elf" ./src/libfastgps/kiss_fft.o ./src/libfastgps/kiss_fftr.o -l-Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group
C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.2/tps/mingw/6.2.0/win64.o/nt/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/6.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l-Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [FastGps.elf] Error 1

min.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @snowman777,

MinGW toolchain is not supported within Xilinx SDK so you might need to look into multiple different points. From the error log you shown it seems that the linker settings are not valid for the minGW linker:

x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -l-Wl,--start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,--end-group

Take a look in your linker settings and modify the options according to minGW linker documentation.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos