cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

lwIP echo server: Failed to create application project

Hi, I'm trying to generate the "lwIP echo server" application template in vitis 2020.1. The system is based on a microblaze and the axi ethernetlite IP, implemented on an artix fpga.

When I try to create the project I get a error dialog with: "Failed to create application Project. Check the Vitis Log view for details". The log itself is not really helpful:

14:52:36 ERROR	: 
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to call GENERATE_APP 
Reason: ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'hsi::generate_app' failed due to earlier errors.

at com.xilinx.sdk.xsdb.XsdbCommandUtils.handleResult(XsdbCommandUtils.java:387)
	at com.xilinx.sdk.xsdb.XsdbCommandUtils.executeAndRespond(XsdbCommandUtils.java:325)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.CTemplateGen.generate(CTemplateGen.java:105)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.StandaloneProjectHandler.createCoreApp(StandaloneProjectHandler.java:93)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.AppCreationHandler.createApplication(AppCreationHandler.java:79)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.AppCreationHandler.execute(AppCreationHandler.java:69)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.SdkAppCreationHandler.executeInternal(SdkAppCreationHandler.java:75)
14:52:36 ERROR	: Failed to create application project
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to call GENERATE_APP 

at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.StandaloneProjectHandler.createCoreApp(StandaloneProjectHandler.java:150)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.AppCreationHandler.createApplication(AppCreationHandler.java:79)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.AppCreationHandler.execute(AppCreationHandler.java:69)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.SdkAppCreationHandler.executeInternal(SdkAppCreationHandler.java:75)
	at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.SdkAppCreationHandler.lambda$1(SdkAppCreationHandler.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2289)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2311)

I don't think it's a problem with the XSA (in attachment), because normally I would get a very specific error (i.e. missing IP, etc..). Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

I'm having the same issues on Arty A7 board from Digilent. Using the lwIP project module.

07:23:31 INFO : Platform 'design_1_wrapper_1' is added to custom repositories.
07:23:33 ERROR : Failed to call GENERATE_APP

07:23:33 ERROR :
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to call GENERATE_APP

at com.xilinx.sdk.xsdb.XsdbCommandUtils.handleResult(XsdbCommandUtils.java:387)
at com.xilinx.sdk.xsdb.XsdbCommandUtils.executeAndRespond(XsdbCommandUtils.java:325)
at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.CTemplateGen.generate(CTemplateGen.java:105)
at com.xilinx.sdx.sdk.core.gen.StandaloneProjectHandler.createCoreApp(StandaloneProjectHandler.java:93)
07:23:33 ERROR : Failed to create application project
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to call GENERATE_APP

0 Kudos