Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niu_mao_ning
Observer
Observer

mem_wait pin issue in EMC

Hi Geeks,

I wish to post a issue I faced while building system with emc to connect numonyx flash device in my design.

In emc configuration when I am choosing numonyx flash device it will generate mem_wait signal which is a handshaking signal for the proper communication between numonyx flash and the processor.

I made mem_wait signal and other emc signals such as mem_wen,mem_ren,mem_cen,mem_ben etc., All pins are well assigned when i am building. (for your information there is no error in ucf. I verified it) except mem_wait signal and it displays an warning as follows:

WARNING:MapLib:701 - Signal axi_emc_0_Mem_WAIT_pin connected to top level port
   axi_emc_0_Mem_WAIT_pin has been removed.

since it is removed I am not able to send my  handshaking signals through mem_wait.

Kindly let me know the issue Why it is removed automatically removed from device?

And how to resolve it?

I am eagerly waiting for your ideas and suggestions.

Every suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This issue was reported and is fixed in 14.2 ISE. Can you please try this in a later version than ISE 14.2?

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
niu_mao_ning
Observer
Observer

Thanks for the response Hem,

Sorry I forget to mention the version I used. Actually I am using Xilinx 14.6 version. Still I am facing the issue of that removal of mem_wait pin from my design. Can you give any suggestion for this?

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you attach your XMP,MHS and the UCF of your design?

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
niu_mao_ning
Observer
Observer

Yeah, Sure Hem

Here with I have attached xmp , UCF and mhs file for your reference. These files are for xilinx 14.5 version. For your information I tried it in 14.4,14.6 and 14.7 also.

Kindly go through it and help me to sort out the issues.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

To make hte wait pin prevent from being optimized, please use this parameter in your MHS.

PARAMETER C_LINEAR_FLASH_SYNC_BURST = 1

This seems to work at my end.

--Hem

0 Kudos
niu_mao_ning
Observer
Observer

Hi Hem,

Thanks for your valuable hint. let me check and come up with results....

0 Kudos
niu_mao_ning
Observer
Observer

Hi Hem

I wish to have one clarification,

This parameter is for burst mode transfer of data(PARAMETER C_LINEAR_FLASH_SYNC_BURST = 1). If I am correct

should we set this parameter for normal data transmission (that is i mean byte by byte or 16 bit transmission of data)...?

Kindly clarify me,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

There was a CR filed based on this issue that you were seeing. The number for it is 771045 

--Hem

0 Kudos