Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

memcpy from custom IP to memory

Jump to solution

I have a MB design that uses only BRAM memory for code and data. I have a custom IP that uses a BRAM controller in full AXI mode. I want to do a mem copy from the IP to the MB BRAM. But it just stalls and I get the following error. 

Untitled.png

Here is the code I am using. Thanks

p_src_addr = (u8*)0x44a50040;
p_dst_addr = (u8*)buf;

memcpy(p_dst_addr, p_src_addr, 16);

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@beandigital ,

You can find a custom DMA here if you'd like.  Just beware, if you used their custom/demonstration AXI slave IP as a starting point, you might still have a latent bug in your design waiting to be "found" later when you are investigating other changes to your design.

Dan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Is the debug pod interfering maybe?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried upgrading the operating system of your spirit level?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Well I need the JTAG programmer to do the debugging. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

I assume what you need is an application with no debugger attached on the field.

I'm saying this because the error could just be because of the JTAG pod and what it implies. Aren't there other ways to verify it works or not? For example, memcpy some values and checking them back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried upgrading the operating system of your spirit level?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@beandigital ,

Did you use Xilinx's custom IP example design as a starting point for your own?  If so, that would explain why the design would hang so hard it needs a reboot--Xilinx's demo designs have been broken that way for years.

Try this as a better custom design to start from.  Indeed, that plus block RAM will even outperform Xilinx's AXI block RAM controller--but that's another story.

Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi Dan

I am probably just going to add my own custom DMA to the design as the Xilinx stuff is more trouble than its worth.

Regards

Jon

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@beandigital ,

You can find a custom DMA here if you'd like.  Just beware, if you used their custom/demonstration AXI slave IP as a starting point, you might still have a latent bug in your design waiting to be "found" later when you are investigating other changes to your design.

Dan

View solution in original post