Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

multiple microblaze hardware and software configurations

Jump to solution

Hi all,

All is on the ML403 board using EDK9.2i

I am trying to build a small system containing, for now, two Microblaze soft cores. I added two Microblaze soft cores each with its own memory and cache (data, instruction and BRAM). I also have two PLB buses(one slave and one master) with a bridge between them and the cores are connected to them. My questions are:

- Is the hardware architecture correct? What is the solution if not? And are there any more configurations to perform?

- Regarding the software part (Application), can anyone provide a simple code to link both cores? For example, the main function is running on Microblaze0 that calls a multiplication function on Microblaze1 (for example) and displays the result on a terminal (using RS232).

- Are there any tutorials that might help in designing multiple cores (hardware and software aid tutorials)?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello naim.

Well everything seems fine as far as you have done. I only wonder whether you have used mailbox IP or not to interconnect both the processors.

As far as software part is concerned what i did was i took data from uart using one processor and displayed the data on LEDs using the other processor. Make sure u select the "Use default linker script" for both the C codes instead of "use custom linker script" option. This attachment may be helpful to you.

Hope that helps. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hello naim.

Well everything seems fine as far as you have done. I only wonder whether you have used mailbox IP or not to interconnect both the processors.

As far as software part is concerned what i did was i took data from uart using one processor and displayed the data on LEDs using the other processor. Make sure u select the "Use default linker script" for both the C codes instead of "use custom linker script" option. This attachment may be helpful to you.

Hope that helps. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Thanks a lot for the help... I managed to implement multiple Microblazes communicating via FSL and it worked... also thanks for the tutorial, it really helped a lot :)

Thanks

0 Kudos