UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant naim32
Participant

multiple microblaze hardware and software configurations

Jump to solution

Hi all,

All is on the ML403 board using EDK9.2i

I am trying to build a small system containing, for now, two Microblaze soft cores. I added two Microblaze soft cores each with its own memory and cache (data, instruction and BRAM). I also have two PLB buses(one slave and one master) with a bridge between them and the cores are connected to them. My questions are:

- Is the hardware architecture correct? What is the solution if not? And are there any more configurations to perform?

- Regarding the software part (Application), can anyone provide a simple code to link both cores? For example, the main function is running on Microblaze0 that calls a multiplication function on Microblaze1 (for example) and displays the result on a terminal (using RS232).

- Are there any tutorials that might help in designing multiple cores (hardware and software aid tutorials)?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: multiple microblaze hardware and software configurations

Jump to solution

Hello naim.

Well everything seems fine as far as you have done. I only wonder whether you have used mailbox IP or not to interconnect both the processors.

As far as software part is concerned what i did was i took data from uart using one processor and displayed the data on LEDs using the other processor. Make sure u select the "Use default linker script" for both the C codes instead of "use custom linker script" option. This attachment may be helpful to you.

Hope that helps. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello naim.

Well everything seems fine as far as you have done. I only wonder whether you have used mailbox IP or not to interconnect both the processors.

As far as software part is concerned what i did was i took data from uart using one processor and displayed the data on LEDs using the other processor. Make sure u select the "Use default linker script" for both the C codes instead of "use custom linker script" option. This attachment may be helpful to you.

Hope that helps. 

Best of luck.
--
Unlimited in my Limits.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Participant naim32
Participant

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the help... I managed to implement multiple Microblazes communicating via FSL and it worked... also thanks for the tutorial, it really helped a lot :)

Thanks

0 Kudos