UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

petalinux-config -c kernel hangs

Highlighted
Adventurer

petalinux-config -c kernel hangs

I get the kernel config menu, then after about 2 seconds it stops responding to cursor controls or any keys. All prerequisite packages (screen, etc.) are loaded. I found a related post about getting a black screen, which talked about a "known menu config" issue in 2017.1. I clicked on the following link:

"Just follow the AR#6825 to solve the issue (you can use either auto or  the preferred console scree/xterm/..)"

Turns out there is no AR#6825, or at least none that I can find, so not very useful.

My system: petalinux tools 2017.1, Kubuntu 14.04, kernel version 4.2.0-41-generic, 64-bit kernel.

Help please,

Tom

Xilinx Employee

Re: petalinux-config -c kernel hangs

Adventurer

Re: petalinux-config -c kernel hangs

Thanks for the quick response and the correct AR link. As the AR said, I added the change to local.conf, but the config menu hangs as before. The modified local.conf  and a screen shot are attached.

Tom

config-grab.jpg