cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

pmu-firmware error petalinux-build 2017.3

Jump to solution

Hi!

I have created a petalinux project with version 2017.3 using the ZCU102 bsp.  When I do petalinux-build the following errors appear:

[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Loading cache: 100% |###########################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:04
Loaded 3256 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |#########################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:23
Parsing of 2466 .bb files complete (2432 cached, 34 parsed). 3259 targets, 225 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: 100% |######################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:48
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |##############################################################################| Time: 0:00:54
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
pmu-firmware-2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0 do_compile: NOTE: pmu-firmware: compiling from external source tree /home/sara/Petalinux/tools/hsm/data/embeddedsw
ERROR: pmu-firmware-2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10168)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10168
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function xsct_externalsrc_compile_prefunc
| NOTE: pmu-firmware: compiling from external source tree /home/sara/Petalinux/tools/hsm/data/embeddedsw
| DEBUG: Python function xsct_externalsrc_compile_prefunc finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| Source xsctrc script :/home/sara/.xsdbrc FAILED
| Starting xsdk. This could take few seconds... Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=/home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/xsctenv
| Eclipse:
| An error has occurred. See the log file
| /home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/components/plnx_workspace/pmufw/.metadata/.log.
| XSCTHELPER INFO: Empty WorkSpace
| Starting xsdk. This could take few seconds... Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Duser.home=/home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/xsctenv
| Eclipse:
| An error has occurred. See the log file
| /home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/components/plnx_workspace/pmufw/.metadata/.log.
| timeout while establishing a connection with SDK
|     while executing
| "error "timeout while establishing a connection with SDK""
|     (procedure "getsdkchan" line 111)
|     invoked from within
| "getsdkchan"
|     (procedure "projects" line 35)
| "projects -clean -type $type -name $name"
|     (procedure "clean_n_build" line 2)
| "clean_n_build bsp $params(bspname)"
| "if { $params(ws) ne "" } {
| #Local Work Space available
| setws $params(ws)
| if { [catch {importprojects $params(ws)} result] } {
| puts "XSCTHELPER IN..."
|     (file "/home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0/app.tcl" line 120)
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10168)
ERROR: Task (/home/sara/Petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx-tools/recipes-bsp/pmu/pmu-firmware_git.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3531 tasks of which 3528 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/sara/Petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx-tools/recipes-bsp/pmu/pmu-firmware_git.bb:do_compile
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: Failed to build project
webtalk failed:PetaLinux statistics:extra lines detected:notsent_nofile!
webtalk failed:Failed to get PetaLinux usage statistics!

Does anyone know how could I solve them?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Can you post the log file here:

/home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10168

Also, do you see the same if you just build the pmufw:

petalinux-build -c pmufw

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Can you post the log file here:

/home/sara/Petalinux/xen_free/build/tmp/work/plnx_aarch64-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2017.3+gitAUTOINC+3c9f0cfde9-r0/temp/log.do_compile.10168

Also, do you see the same if you just build the pmufw:

petalinux-build -c pmufw

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @stephenm 

I built just the pmufw as you suggested and did not appear any error. Then I did petalinux-build again and it was built successfully. But now, I don't know why, I can't boot Petalinux, it is as if there was no FSBL...I think I do something wrong when I do $petalinux-package --boot --fsbl zynqmp_fsbl.elf --fpga --u-boot u-boot.elf --pmufw pmufw.elf. Am I missing something?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Are you on a VM by any chance? If so, how many CPU are available. This could be the reason.

You can build the fsbl manually too:

petalinux-build -c bootloader

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @stephenm 

Yes, I am using a VM, but 6 CPUs are available in the VM. I have tried to build the fsbl manually as you suggested but it still happens the same.

When I do petalinux-package I get the following warning:

[fsbl_config] a53_x64 | a53_x32 | r5_single | r5_dual will be deprecated, please use 'destination_cpu' attribute of bootloader partition

Could this have something to do with my problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you only have 6 CPU in your VM.. Then you should set this limit in the yocto settings:

$ petalinux-config ---> Yocto Settings ---> Parallel thread execution ---> (6) sets number of bb threads (BB_NUMBER_THREADS)
$ petalinux-config ---> Yocto Settings ---> Parallel thread execution ---> (6) sets number of parallel make -j threads (PARALLEL_MAKE)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @stephenm 

I changed that but it still happens the same. ¿What else could I try?

Thank you

0 Kudos