UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

simultaneously debug linux apllication in a53 core and r5 application in r5 core via xilinx sdk

Hi all,

I am trying to use openamp framework to communicate between a53 core and r5 core, for which I have created two applications for both cores,(for example rpmsg-ping program for linux core and rpmsg-echo program for r5 core).

Now I want to debug the two applications simultaneously as when the linux application is executed it also executes the r5 application (as per my understanding).But I am not aware of how to do that in xilinx sdk. I am using sdk-2018.2. with zynqmp-ultrascale board.

Can anyone provide me the steps required to do so, that will be of great help.

When I am individually debugging the applications they are running fine but I am missing the interaction between these two applications. Any information will be of great help. To know more please comment and I will provide you the required info.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: simultaneously debug linux apllication in a53 core and r5 application in r5 core via xilinx sdk

Hi @kamalpandey1993,

The link below provides instructions on how to debug multiple processors at the same time.

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_2/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_t_tcf_multiproc_debugging.html

0 Kudos

Re: simultaneously debug linux apllication in a53 core and r5 application in r5 core via xilinx sdk

Thanks for the reply, but I want to debug stanalone r5 application in r5 core and linux application in a53 core. Should i compile the linux application to create a .elf file as there is no other option to load normal binary in a53 core.

0 Kudos