cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamalpandey1993
Observer
Observer

simultaneously debug linux apllication in a53 core and r5 application in r5 core via xilinx sdk

Hi all,

I am trying to use openamp framework to communicate between a53 core and r5 core, for which I have created two applications for both cores,(for example rpmsg-ping program for linux core and rpmsg-echo program for r5 core).

Now I want to debug the two applications simultaneously as when the linux application is executed it also executes the r5 application (as per my understanding).But I am not aware of how to do that in xilinx sdk. I am using sdk-2018.2. with zynqmp-ultrascale board.

Can anyone provide me the steps required to do so, that will be of great help.

When I am individually debugging the applications they are running fine but I am missing the interaction between these two applications. Any information will be of great help. To know more please comment and I will provide you the required info.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
celliott
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kamalpandey1993,

The link below provides instructions on how to debug multiple processors at the same time.

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2018_2/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_t_tcf_multiproc_debugging.html

0 Kudos
kamalpandey1993
Observer
Observer

Thanks for the reply, but I want to debug stanalone r5 application in r5 core and linux application in a53 core. Should i compile the linux application to create a .elf file as there is no other option to load normal binary in a53 core.

0 Kudos