UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mihaita
Visitor

skipping breakpoints in SDK 2017.3

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to debug an application from SDK 2017.3. Target is Zynq 7000 series. I can set breakpoints but the debugger does not stop execution at them. The code for which I enabled breakpoints is executed as I could see other log messages on the target.

I have create a Local Connection. I have read several similar posts on this forum and made sure I have O0 level optimization.

Should there be any symbol file enabled? If so which one?

What else could be the issue for skipping the breakpoints? The "skip all breakpoints button is disabled"

Thanks,

Mihaita

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: skipping breakpoints in SDK 2017.3

Jump to solution

Hi @mihaita,

Are you debugging an standalone or Linux application?

Which kind of debug configuration are you using? "Standalone Application Debug or Attach to running target"?

Does the debugger stop at main function?

Can you use XSCT console once the debugger is launched and type bplist?That should list all the breakpoints set for the debug session.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

rigjt click on the processor in the debug perspective and select symbol file. Then point to your elf file. 

You can also add the symbol file in the debug configuration. There should be a symbol file tab. 

If you tight click click on your application and select, debug as -> debug configurations. Then double click on the system debugger to create a new new debug config, then this should all be set automatically 

0 Kudos
Visitor mihaita
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer.

I did that already but was not enough. elf should also be selected when launching System debugger. Depending how you launch System Debugger you get asked what image you want to debug.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @mihaita,

Are you debugging an standalone or Linux application?

Which kind of debug configuration are you using? "Standalone Application Debug or Attach to running target"?

Does the debugger stop at main function?

Can you use XSCT console once the debugger is launched and type bplist?That should list all the breakpoints set for the debug session.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos
Visitor mihaita
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Ibai,

The issue has been fixed already. I will close the topic. 

Thanks,

Mihaita

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi @mihaita,

Would be useful if you could share what was going wrong on your first attempt, and how did you solve it.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos
Visitor mihaita
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello Ibai,

Basically attention needs to be paid each time when launching debugger to check that is not a Standalone Linux app but is "running on the target". Even if you create  a new connection that way when you debug again  after relaunching the SDK, might go to "Standalone Linux app" mode as some default mode. 

At least this is my conclusion.

Best regards,

Mihaita

0 Kudos