cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joancab
Teacher
Teacher

stdio.h no such file or directory

Why is Vitis now complaining about this when I could compile a number of times, I just change the code, nothing major, and boom.

joancab_0-1612268442088.png

joancab_1-1612268483288.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joancab
Teacher
Teacher

Well, at least deleting the app project and system project and starting with a new one and pasting the sources did the trick. Hopefully someone in a $35b company finds the reason and a nicer solution.

0 Kudos
marcb

Hi @joancab 

More information might help the community to give better advise on this issue. Which version of Vitis is affected, and is the full log available? Comparing the successful and failed  project might help point to a known issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

Well, this just happened to me in Vitis 2020.1, too.  At first I was frustrated. 

So I went duckduckgoing for the answer, and came across this thread.  I did not want to delete the whole system project, so I deleted my application project, and when I tried to recreate it, I noticed the Sysroot Directory text box for the linux domain in the platform had been deleted.  I was tabbing back and forth between windows, and I guess it was user error in my case, I must have tried to copy the text for my notes, and accidentally deleted it.  After I pointed it back to the correct directory, I was able to recreate the application, and everything compiled fine.

Of course I have no way of knowing if this was the cause of @joancab 's issue, but it was mine, and I had the same symptom.

If it ever happens to me again I will know where to look (the sysroot directory location text box in the platform).

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles *** Please remember to give internet points to those who help you here. ***
0 Kudos