UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mkray
Visitor

system debugger stalls at launch when debugging linux application over ethernet on zc706

I have dropbear ssh and tcf-agent starting at bootup on the zc706 board via sd boot. After logging in, I assign inet addr and netmask values to eth0 using ifconfig. I am able to ping the zc706 board from the Windows command prompt successfully but I can not ping the host machine from the zc706 board.

In the XSDK "Debug Configurations.." for the System Debugger option, I choose "Linux Application Debug" and press the "New" button to specify a Target Name, Host, and port (1534) and I press "Test Connection" which is successful. Then on the application tab, I enter the information as specified in UG1165 for Project Name, Local File Path, and Remote File Path and then I hit "Apply". Next I hit "Debug".

I'm taken to the Debug perspective where I see a progress bar with the text "Launching System Debugger on Local hello_world.elf" on top of the bar and another text "Launching: Connecting to hello_linux". The progress bar is stuck here at 57% and I have no idea why. I've already tried a number of different things and just can't get past this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-mkRay

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor mkray
Visitor

Re: system debugger stalls at launch when debugging linux application over ethernet on zc706

I solved the problem. I was using a version of Xilinx SDK that didn't support debugging via TCF agent. I had to use the Remote Arm Linux Application under Debug Configurations. I was having this problem in the first place because the version of UG1165 I was reading was newer than the version of Xilinx SDK that I was using.

-mkray

0 Kudos