UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

uart driver - interrupt handler

Hello,

I have some difficulties understnading the UART driver behaviour, I hope someone can help shed some light on it.

The default example given with xuartns (or uartlite which is quite the same),  Pass test .

But I don't understand it clearly, especially when trying to make some modifications and test the results:

1. the default interrupt test sends and recieved 100 bytes. I see that tx interrupt counter (number of enteriing the interrupt for tx ) is 1, and for rx is 1, but rx_timeout is 12. Why are there 12 timeout interrupts ?

2. When trying only to send bytes (no calling for the receive data routine) I get no interrupt for finishing transmit !  Why is that ?

3, If I try to send less bytes then receive, then I get hugh number of interrupt for the reciever finished ! Why is that ?

I have tried to make some thinking about this strange results but have no idea yet.

Thank you for any comments.

Regards,

Ran

0 Kudos