UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to get signal changes in chipscope with SDK

Hi all, I am new to SDK, I am instantiating SPI using the IPcore in Microblaze. I have simulated the design and verified the functionality. Then I added chipscope, and simulated again. The simulator throwed errors. ERROR:HDLCompiler:432 - "C:/Xilinx/14.2/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/chipscope_plbv46_iba_v1_03_a/simhdl/vhdl/chipscope_plbv46_iba.vhd" Line 184: Formal has no actual or default value. ERROR:HDLCompiler:432 - "C:/Xilinx/14.2/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/chipscope_plbv46_iba_v1_03_a/simhdl/vhdl/chipscope_plbv46_iba.vhd" Line 212: Formal has no actual or default value. ERROR:HDLCompiler:432 - "C:/Xilinx/14.2/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/chipscope_plbv46_iba_v1_03_a/simhdl/vhdl/chipscope_plbv46_iba.vhd" Line 213: Formal has no actual or default value. ERROR:HDLCompiler:432 - "C:/Xilinx/14.2/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/chipscope_plbv46_iba_v1_03_a/simhdl/vhdl/chipscope_plbv46_iba.vhd" Line 214: Formal has no actual or default value. ERROR:HDLCompiler:432 - "C:/Xilinx/14.2/ISE_DS/EDK/hw/XilinxProcessorIPLib/pcores/chipscope_plbv46_iba_v1_03_a/simhdl/vhdl/chipscope_plbv46_iba.vhd" Line 215: Formal has no actual or default value. Then i stopped simulation, i generated bitstream and downloaded .elf file into FPGA, i didn't get signal changes in chipscope, i checked in hardwareby using oscilloscope, iam getting correct signals changes. i am unable to monitor signal change in chipscope along with SDK, Please give me solution for this problem. Regards Balaji
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: unable to get signal changes in chipscope with SDK

Hi,

How are you instantiating Chipscope into the EDK sub-system?

Here is the example. link

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: unable to get signal changes in chipscope with SDK

Hi sir,

Thank you for your reply,  first i added chipscope ip ILA, IBA to my design in EDK, and i generated bitstream and exported it to SDK, there i written C code and downloaded .elf file into FPGA. After i launched chipscope  and i imported my .cdc file to chipscope, there i didn't get triggers of signals, but i got correct results ion hardware by checking in oscilloscope. please help to solve this problem.

Thanks&Regards

Balaji

0 Kudos