cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

undefined reference to 'outbyte error in program..

in my prog showing that undefined reference to outbyte . outbyte is in write.c inside the bsp package.how to solve that????????

errors are....

Description Resource Path Location Type
more undefined references to `outbyte' follow write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 84 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 60 C/C++ Problem

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: undefined reference to 'outbyte error in program..

gbishnuprasad@gmail.com

What version of SDK are you using?

Looks like your BSP got broken. Can you try to use te newer bsp?

Can you share the workspace i can verify the details?

Regards,
Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi 

I am using Xilinx SDK 14.4 ..In my program outbyte reference error is comming on write.c file inside of ucos _standalone_v1_11...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

sir, i am using xilinx sdk14.4. i am using ucos1.11.i am using zynq board. i already set my stdout port on ps7_uart1. afterthat, i am getting the same error. undefined reference in outbyte on write.c file. i attached my error postion also.only in the write .c file ,these errors are coming.please help me quickly..

Description Resource Path Location Type
more undefined references to `outbyte' follow write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 84 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 60 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 82 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 84 C/C++ Problem

Thank you

error position.jpg
error position.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Can you please attach your zipped workspace here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I have read about this issue occurs when the C-code contains "printf-" statements and a peripheral has not been defined as "std_out" and "std_in".

Could you check the answer record http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/14448.html if it helps you?

Regards

Praveen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

Other reason could be the BSP might got broken. 

Delete the BSP and replace it with a new one..  
Alternatively, try including  xil_io.h in your application manually.

Regards

Praveen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If I may chip in.

You haven't indicated that you are using the Micrium BSP for the Xilinx SDK. Please state if that is your interntion, otherwise building a standalone project with some Micrium components will not work.

If you are indeed using uC/OS in your application, I recommend updating your version of the SDK and the BSP which is now at version 1.40.

Jonathan Blanchard
Embedded Software Developer
www.micrium.com
0 Kudos