UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undefined reference to 'outbyte error in program..

in my prog showing that undefined reference to outbyte . outbyte is in write.c inside the bsp package.how to solve that????????

errors are....

Description Resource Path Location Type
more undefined references to `outbyte' follow write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 84 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 60 C/C++ Problem

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: undefined reference to 'outbyte error in program..

gbishnuprasad@gmail.com

What version of SDK are you using?

Looks like your BSP got broken. Can you try to use te newer bsp?

Can you share the workspace i can verify the details?

Regards,
Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi 

I am using Xilinx SDK 14.4 ..In my program outbyte reference error is comming on write.c file inside of ucos _standalone_v1_11...

0 Kudos

sir, i am using xilinx sdk14.4. i am using ucos1.11.i am using zynq board. i already set my stdout port on ps7_uart1. afterthat, i am getting the same error. undefined reference in outbyte on write.c file. i attached my error postion also.only in the write .c file ,these errors are coming.please help me quickly..

Description Resource Path Location Type
more undefined references to `outbyte' follow write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 84 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 60 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 82 C/C++ Problem
undefined reference to `outbyte' write.c /mac_project_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/ucos_standalone_v1_11/src line 84 C/C++ Problem

Thank you

error position.jpg
error position.jpg
0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Can you please attach your zipped workspace here.
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read about this issue occurs when the C-code contains "printf-" statements and a peripheral has not been defined as "std_out" and "std_in".

Could you check the answer record http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/14448.html if it helps you?

Regards

Praveen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other reason could be the BSP might got broken. 

Delete the BSP and replace it with a new one..  
Alternatively, try including  xil_io.h in your application manually.

Regards

Praveen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

If I may chip in.

You haven't indicated that you are using the Micrium BSP for the Xilinx SDK. Please state if that is your interntion, otherwise building a standalone project with some Micrium components will not work.

If you are indeed using uC/OS in your application, I recommend updating your version of the SDK and the BSP which is now at version 1.40.

Jonathan Blanchard
Embedded Software Developer
www.micrium.com
0 Kudos