UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie robbicture

undefined reference to 'outbyte'

Dear Users,

I have the following error in SDK, when I try to build my SDK project.

"undefined reference to 'outbyte' " togheter with lots of other errors.

My project has the aim of testing the  FPGA board acquisition from an external accelerometer.

I have created a new Xilinx C project using the project template “peripheral_test”.

Some of these are (from Console output):

c:/xilinx/ise_ds/edk/gnu/microblaze/nt64/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/lib/bs/m/mh/le\libxil.a(xil_printf.o): In function `padding':
/proj/epdsw1/gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:50: undefined reference to `outbyte'
c:/xilinx/ise_ds/edk/gnu/microblaze/nt64/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/lib/bs/m/mh/le\libxil.a(xil_printf.o): In function `outnum':
/proj/epdsw1/gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:111: undefined reference to `outbyte'
c:/xilinx/ise_ds/edk/gnu/microblaze/nt64/bin/../lib/gcc/microblaze-xilinx-elf/4.1.2/../../../../microblaze-xilinx-elf/lib/bs/m/mh/le\libxil.a(xil_printf.o): In function `xil_printf':
/proj/epdsw1/gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:163: undefined reference to `outbyte'
/proj/epdsw1/gnu/src/gcc/libgloss/microblaze/xil_printf.c:260: undefined reference to `outbyte'

The complete problems list (from Problem tab) is attached.

Question:

How can I correct this errors? 

It seems the errors depend on my PC, since on another PC seems (I am not sure yet) to work without errors.

My PC Configuration:

-WIndows 7 64 bit

-SDK 13.2 (Build SDK_O.61xd)  -> it does not exists the "software menu", so I can follow the xilinx guidelines (click here).

-Xilinx ML605 Evaluation Board

-processor used: softcore Micoblaze @100MHz.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Re: undefined reference to 'outbyte'

you have xil_printf statements in the your c code, without telling the processor where you want to print out to. so, this can either be the uart, or an MDM (if you have the uart cabability enabled on the MDM).

You need to tell the processor what input/output peripheral you will be outputing to. in sdk, open the Base Platform settings, and under the standalone bsp, choose the std input and out to whatever input and output peripheral you are using

Re: undefined reference to 'outbyte'

we already set for ucos...but it is not working...error is still coming...please give me solution..

0 Kudos