Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizuo
Visitor
Visitor

updatemem error

Jump to solution

hello,

when I use vivado updatemem to merge the rom mem date to a bit files, the tool reports a error: Invalid memory type :RAM36E1, valid type is RAMB36 or RAMB18. But I generate the rom, the tool how to generate the RAMB36 type RAM, I can not find the configuration.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephenm

The error is in your MMI file. How did you generate this MMI file. was this in Vivado? 

Are you using this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63041.html

If so, just open the mmi and use the correct bram type

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stephenm

The error is in your MMI file. How did you generate this MMI file. was this in Vivado? 

Are you using this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63041.html

If so, just open the mmi and use the correct bram type

View solution in original post

lizuo
Visitor
Visitor

thank you for your help, in the follow work, when I use the updatemem command for update the rom values, the tool report this error information:

/home/eda/xilinx/vivado/2017.2/bin/loader: line 179: 71412 segmentation fault        (core dumped) "$RDI_PROG"   "$@".

I try to resolve this error, follow the ways as setenv $LC_ALL en_US.UTF-8 and there is always be same error. 

How can I resolve this error for updatemem, thank you!

0 Kudos
stephenm

How did you generate the MMI? can you share this and the bit file so I can test?

0 Kudos
lizuo
Visitor
Visitor

thank you for you help, the command error has resovled. but now I have another problem,  if I generate the rom by BRAM18, the vivado of version 2017.2 is not support updatemem, but I generate the rom by BRAM36, always with the parity bit used, BRAM with parity bit used not support by vivado. So what can I do for updatemem succssful for vivado.

0 Kudos
stephenm

Can you mark this as solved since the original issue is resolved.

The mmi generation will only be done for memory systems (bmg) in the processor address map. Updatemem only supports ramb36, and no parity bits.

0 Kudos
lizuo
Visitor
Visitor

thank you, hope the later version vivado will support this function.

0 Kudos