UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant julian.bauer
Participant

Re: using both CPU cores on Zynq?

Hello greatgehar,

thanks for your reply. I think I have already tested this, but i will retry it as far as i can do.

at the moment i got a solution with petalinux on the first core and my app at the secound. this app is using lwip for fast RAW ethernet connection. i tested this standalone bare-metal application for a long time and it works pretty got. in kombination with petalinux on core 0 i have the problem, that i dont receive a "connected callback" from lwip and so i got no connection!

i made a screenshot from the console output:

at the beginning i start the softuart app on cpu0, than i start the core 1 by writing its start adress to 0xFFFFFFF0.

In red is my setup of the scutimer and the phy.

yellow is the connection on port 5001 (for data streaming)

green is a secound tcp connection on port 6001 (for debugging)

at the end i got an ethernet timeout.

could you give me more input what could be wrong?

petalinux+lwip.png
0 Kudos
Observer greatgehar
Observer

For a long time I have not started the second kernel as you describe.

Now I'm use remoteproc driver for start baremetal on cpu1 and rpmsg for communication between  Petalinux on cpu0 and cpu1 (see UG1186). In my system I not use Ethernet from cpu1. All network tasks run on Petalinux and it work fast and fine.

0 Kudos
Participant julian.bauer
Participant

what is the major difference between this and UG1186? i ll taka a lock for this!
how fast is your ethernet sending data? in my company we have the problem, that only 10-15mb/s are able with petalinux. with bare metal i get 100mb/s and a little more
0 Kudos
Visitor patosga
Visitor

Hi johnmcd,

Do you still have that example?
Can you also forward it to me? I also need to have two standalone applications running in two separate cores.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @julian.bauer

Please have a look here..

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/OpenAMP/Zynq-AMP-CPU1-baremetal-access-to-gem0/m-p/847163#M470

It should be related to a missing TLB configuration for DDR to make CPU1 works with LwIP..

L

0 Kudos