Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

vitis 2020.2 compilation error on xparameters.h file

Hi all,

When I try to compile the project in Vitis 2020.2. I receive an error on xparameters.h file.

However, it is included in files after exporting hardware and even I can open it in Vitis.

../src/testperiph.c:31:10: fatal error: xparameters.h: No such file or directory
31 | #include "xparameters.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/subdir.mk:26: src/testperiph.o] Error 1

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Hossein
4 Replies
khaalidi
Participant
Participant

I have the same issue in Xilinx SDK sometimes. In the Project Menu click on Clean and wait for the process.

❝Analogue by birth, Digital by design.❞
0 Kudos
derekm_
Voyager
Voyager

Vitis still throws up weird errors. I think it will take a few more versions before it is really trustworthy.

In any case, trying to clean/rebuild the project/application and/or platform isn't guaranteed to fix these weird issues (but definitely try that first). The best way I've found to fix issues is to create a new platform from the XSA and re-associate the system project with the new platform. Might need a clean/rebuild as well.

Or, rather than creating a new platform, delete the current  platform, and recreate it with the same name. Any system projects that were associated with the original name should automatically get re-associated. Then clean/rebuild as necessary if there are warning icons.

No guarantee that these steps will work, but they have solved some weird issues for for me.

0 Kudos
embedded
Advisor
Advisor

Hi @derekm_  and @khaalidi 

Thank you for your answers. However, I have started from the beginning again and again( exporting xsa, cleaning the project so many times, changing the project name to all lowercase). And, none of these could solve the issue.

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
DrizztD2
Visitor
Visitor

I don't know if this is an option for you, but I was having similar issues where just importing any of the projects in Vitis would 1/2 of the time not be able to see the headers even though I could see them right there and they were in the project.  I finally installed Vivado/Vitis on my Linux machine and have not had the issue since.  I don't know why this functionality would be broken/malfunctioning on Windows but it seems to be.  I found this while scouring the internet for a fix.  It didn't work for me but maybe it will work for you?

http://zedboard.org/content/unresolved-inclusion-xparametersh

To correct the problem, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the standalone_bsp_0 project and select Properties from the bottom of the drop-down list.
2. Select C/C++ Include Paths (on left).
3. Click the Add Include Path from Workspace button.
4. Select the path standalone_bsp_0/ps7_cortexa9_0/include and click the OK button.
5. Click the OK button to close the Properties panel.
The project should rebuild with the xparameters.h reference resolved.

0 Kudos