UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

weird problem in XPS 13.3

Jump to solution

I have a microblaze system on a custom board, and it works, I can configure, compile software, run "hello world" type programs with a very basic implementation.  But I am trying to add more peripherals, and XPS is presenting me with a weird problem: when I add any peripheral which has a clock input, and I try to connect it (on the "Ports" tab), I'm not allowed to.  I right-click the port, and select "make new connection", and the connection name remains blank, then XPS errors out because of the unconnected clock.  This happens even with the simplest clocked IP, "utility_flipflop".  I can select connections for the other ports, like D, Q, etc.

Seems like just a GUI setting or something, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

Rick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: weird problem in XPS 13.3

Jump to solution

13.4 fixed it.  

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

Can you make sure that the clocks filter box is ticked on the right hand side in XPS. You may have to drop down the filters tab, depending on the XPS verison.

Once you can see all the clocks, you should be able either make them external, or create a new conection, or connect them to an exisiting signal

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The CLOCKS filter is checked; I can see all the clocks, I can right-click and select "New Connection", but the new connection does not appear.  XPS thinks the clock line is connected, though, because when I untick the "Connected" filter, that clock signal disappears.  But I can't connect the connection to anything else, because it is unnamed.  And so PlatGen errors out.

I've successfully added peripherals before, and connected clocks, to other projects.  Just can't do it now.

I'm installing 13.4 now.

Rick

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

13.4 fixed it.  

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant peter.lieber
Participant

Jump to solution

This is a really old thread, but I see this issue again in ISE 14.5.  Anybody know of a solution?

0 Kudos
Participant peter.lieber
Participant

Jump to solution

Its weird, because on the linux version in 14.4, it works, but it is a very weird UI design. I wonder if the selector is just not popping up in windows due to a Java version difference?

0 Kudos
Participant peter.lieber
Participant

Jump to solution

Ok, this morning when I started my computer, opened XPS, the GUI worked!  I have no idea what changed. Magically fixed bugs are worse than unfixed bugs in my mind... I will never know if it will one day stop working...

0 Kudos