UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer rajsinghdua
Observer

working with more than 8 microblazes

Jump to solution

Hi

I need  to use more  than 8  microblazes  in parallel. Till 8, its working fine but on adding 10 i get the  following error on updating my bitstream::

!ERROR:MDT - IPNAME:opb_v20 INSTANCE:mb_opb - C:\topten\system.mhs line 103 -
   more than 16 master(s) assigned

so i can't add more than  8 microblazes  to the  same OPB. What do i do to make ten  work  in parallel??

Thank  you in advance!!

Raj

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: working with more than 8 microblazes

Jump to solution

Hi,

The OPB bus can only have 16 master and if you connect both IOPB and DOPB interfaces on MicroBlaze to the OPB, you are limited to 8 MicroBlaze for the OPB bus.

Since there is no opb2opb bridge you can't segment the bus structure.

I suggest that you start using the plb bus since there exists a plb2plb bridge.

This will allow you create multiple plb busses connected together with plb2plb bridges.

By doing that there is no limitation on the number of MicroBlaze due to the number of masters limitation.

Göran

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: working with more than 8 microblazes

Jump to solution

Hi,

The OPB bus can only have 16 master and if you connect both IOPB and DOPB interfaces on MicroBlaze to the OPB, you are limited to 8 MicroBlaze for the OPB bus.

Since there is no opb2opb bridge you can't segment the bus structure.

I suggest that you start using the plb bus since there exists a plb2plb bridge.

This will allow you create multiple plb busses connected together with plb2plb bridges.

By doing that there is no limitation on the number of MicroBlaze due to the number of masters limitation.

Göran