UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ehsan_ali
Visitor

zybo board, DEVICEEN is 0

I have a Zybo board and trying to perform a simple "hello word" on it.

I follow almost all tutorials online for this board. After creating a block design in Vivado and setting up the Zynq-7000 PS, I can generate bit stream, and export the hardware and launch the SDK. I am also able to program the board, but when I run my hello world application I get:

"ERROR    : DEVICEEN is 0"

When I invoke "Run as" again I get:

Error while launching program:
no targets found with "name =~"APU" && jtag_cable_name =~ "Digilent Zybo 210279655959A"". available targets:
  1  APU (JTAG port open error. AP transaction error, DAP status f0000021)
     2  ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore #0 (Running)
     3  ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore #1 (DEVICEEN is '0')
  4* xc7z010
no targets found with "name =~"APU" && jtag_cable_name =~ "Digilent Zybo 210279655959A"". available targets:
  1  APU (JTAG port open error. AP transaction error, DAP status f0000021)
     2  ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore #0 (Running)
     3  ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore #1 (DEVICEEN is '0')
  4* xc7z010

I read all the threads and almost everything online related to this and I still cannot resolve the issue. Yes my JP5 is set to JTAG and the DONE led is on. I tried almost  every Vidado version out there, from 2015.1 up to 2018.2.

How can I debug this problem?

Best regards,

Ehsan Ali

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: zybo board, DEVICEEN is 0

Hi @ehsan_ali

From the error message It seems that something is going wrong with your core1 processor. Couple of questions:

1. Are you using the right device on Vivado?

2. Could you share a screenshot of you debug configuration settings? specially the one related to the applications?

3. Could you share your SDK log when you launch the application?

4. Could you reset the board and use XSDB/XSCT to check the target status?

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos