UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant mojtaba.ahmadi
Participant

zynq board, AHB AP transaction and JTAG connection error

Jump to solution
I'm new at zynq board. I am trying to work with XADC of zynq-xc7z020 and want to see its quality for my application through vivado and xilinx SDK.

I tested two ways of designing through lab3 and lab4 tutorials. Synthesis, implementation and generating bitstream in vivado are OK. in xilinx SDK, after programming the board, when I run a simple printf through system debugger or GDB but I get "AHB AP transaction Error". I googled it a lot and spent few days for it, but didn't get any solution. Additional, I tried to connect to the arm core of the board through XMD console by "connect arm hw" command. but console get JTAG connection error, while JTAG cable is connected and programming of the board is done.

suggested solutions of here didn't help.

thank you.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant

Re: zynq board, AHB AP transaction and JTAG connection error

Jump to solution

the problem was from DDR configurations. I got it by "mrd" command in SDK.

it solved by doing "run automation block" after adding zynq processor to design.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution
Hi @mojtaba.ahmadi,

The "AHB AP transaction Error" is just pointing an error in a AXI transaction so it might be driven by any kind of AXI transaction which means that theare are a lot of actions that might end on this kind of issues :)

Taking a look to your lab files I'm wondering if you programmed the FPGA before running the application. This is quite a common case for this kind of erros, as if you don't have the bitstream programmend and you try to access to the IP from the processor there is no AXI slave to answer to the transaction.

If it is not your case, you might try to debug the code and find the exact function which is generating the error.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Participant

Jump to solution

the problem was from DDR configurations. I got it by "mrd" command in SDK.

it solved by doing "run automation block" after adding zynq processor to design.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos