Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgsamsa
Visitor
Visitor

10/25G ethernet subsystem as UIOdevice

Jump to solution

Hi! 

I’m working on a proof of concept where I’m porting a bare metal application to linux. To simplify the porting I decided to try to use UIO-drivers for all of the PL-part. The only purpose of the application is to initialize the PL-part, which is done by writing to some memory-mapped registers. As I understand it UIO-drivers should be sufficient for this.

I’m experiencing some problems with the 10/25G Ethernet subsystem where some packages are dropped and the connection is overall somewhat unstable. I have registered the IP as a UIO device in the device-tree and I can read and write to its registers.

Is it possible to treat the IP as a UIO-device in linux, or will it cause problems? Is it better to use the kernel driver? I do not need any interrupts or DMA transfers.

BR// Georg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
georgsamsa
Visitor
Visitor
Got it to work! The problem was that the ethernet connection was unstable. Changing up the ethernet subsystem to include auto-negation and link training fixed the problem. So it is possible to treat the 10/25G subsystem as a UIO-device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
georgsamsa
Visitor
Visitor
Got it to work! The problem was that the ethernet connection was unstable. Changing up the ethernet subsystem to include auto-negation and link training fixed the problem. So it is possible to treat the 10/25G subsystem as a UIO-device.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos