UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer bswimley
Observer

14.5 Compiler and Busybox Ash Shell Globbing Broken

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I have been using Buildroot to build Linux for the zed board and I ran across the issue where the 14.5 compiler breaks the busybox ash shell globbing as described here:

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+14.5+-+2013.1+Release

I tried the latest tool chain from Sourcery CodeBench and still had the same issues.  When I tried an older toolchain as described on the web page above (CodeBench Lite 2012.03-57), the globbing issue was resolved.

I am wondering if anyone knows if Mentor Graphics is working on a solution to this issue and if so, if and when the new toolchain will be incorporated into a new ISE/Vivado release?  I tried to post an inquiry on the Mentor Graphics site, but did not have a proper registration as I am using the Lite version of the toolchain.

Thanks,

Brett Swimley

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 14.5 Compiler and Busybox Ash Shell Globbing Broken

Jump to solution

Yes, I ran into the same issue and reported it to Mentor. I didn't get any updates for a while though. The workaround I found is to set the optimization level for busybox to anything but '-Os'.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Yes, I ran into the same issue and reported it to Mentor. I didn't get any updates for a while though. The workaround I found is to set the optimization level for busybox to anything but '-Os'.

0 Kudos
Observer bswimley
Observer

Jump to solution

Hmm - I thought I had tried that but maybe I did not change the busybox configuration the way I thought I had.

Thanks for the reply.  I may try again using the 14.5 toolchain.

0 Kudos
Observer bswimley
Observer

Jump to solution

I did rebuild using the current toolchain and -O2 optimization, and the globbing issue is resolved.  I think I overrode my configuration by doing a make clean prior to saving the configuration.

Thanks.

0 Kudos