06-17-2014 07:04 AM
I have been attempting to follow the updated UG981 to learn the new process of 2014.2 in comparison with 2014.1 (petalinux and sdk).
Im currently having trouble building a bootable image, while i have done this hundreds of times with 2014.1.
The boot processes for 2014.1 was:
- Important hardware platform from Vivado
- Build FSBL and FSBL_bsp from new hw_platform
- Build petalinux_bsp from new hw_platform(this requires the petalinux edk repo to be selected under the sdk repo options)
- Create a new template petalinux project: "petalinux-create --type project --template zynq --name petalinux_project"
- Merge hardware platform with project: Inside petalinux_project send the command "petalinux_config --get-hw-description=/path/to/petalinux/bsp"
- use petalinux-config, petalinux-config -c kernel, and petalinux-config -c rootfs to configure the build for my zc702 board environment
- Build project: "petalinux-build"
- Build BOOT.BIN: "petalinux-package --boot --fsbl /path/to/fsbl.elf --fpga /path/to/bit --uboot"
At this point i have a image.ub and boot.bin to throw on a sd card and boot from
What steps are different for the new 2014.2 method? There seems to no longer be a petalinux_bsp anymore but rather a device_tree_bsp? That device_tree_bsp appears to have the ability to designate an OS, yet petalinux isn't available. How do i merge my hardware platform to my petalinux project without the petalinux bsp?
I've found a command to merge hw_platform and petalinux project: Inside hw_platform_0 send the command "petalinux-config --get-hw-description -p /path/to/petalinux_project"
, that appeared to have merged it but when i do "petalinux-build" next it fails with the following error:
INFO: Checking component...
INFO: Generating make files and build linux
INFO: Generating make files for the subcomponents of linux
INFO: Building linux
[INFO ] pre-build linux/rootfs/fwupgrade
[INFO ] pre-build linux/rootfs/peekpoke
[INFO ] pre-build linux/rootfs/uWeb
[INFO ] build system.dtb
[INFO ] build linux/kernel
[INFO ] update linux/u-boot source
[INFO ] generate linux/u-boot configuration files
[INFO ] build linux/u-boot
[INFO ] Setting up stage config
[INFO ] Setting up rootfs config
[INFO ] Updating for armv7a-vfp-neon
[INFO ] Updating package manager
[INFO ] Expanding stagefs
[ERROR] Errors were encountered while processing:
[ERROR] E: Sub-process /opt/petalinux-v2014.2-final/tools/packagemanager/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
[ERROR] make: *** [.pkg_stagefs] Error 255
[ERROR] make: *** [sub_build_component_/none/packages-repo/single/plnx-repo] Error 2
ERROR: Failed to build linux
So if anyone has a better set of direction then the documentation that isn't very clear, id appreciate it! thanks!
02-16-2015 02:07 PM
I am seeing this same issue but none of the fixes thus far in this thread have resolved my issue. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit and I have petalinux-v2014.4-final installed in /opt.
When you say "this works for me on Ubuntu 14.04"- which fix (there are many here) were you referring to? If you were referring to the Makefile patch suggested by tmcdowe I find that this had already been corrected in petalinux-v2014.4-final and yet I still have the issue.
03-12-2015 01:38 PM
05-08-2015 09:40 AM
Getting that i386 libselinux did the trick.
sudo apt-get install libselinux1:i386
That should be added to the UG1144 PetaLinux Tools Documentation - Reference Guide