UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

2016.4 petalinux-config u-boot does not store changes

Jump to solution

Some of my u-boot changes does not seem to get stored.

I used my 2016.3 u-boot config for the initial setup (seen below as file://defconfig.cfg) and then make changes upon this, which is stored in fragmented configs which get's automatically added.

My u-boot-xlinx_%.bbappend file

SRC_URI_append = " file://platform-top.h"
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
SRC_URI += "file://defconfig.cfg \
            file://user_2017-02-03-07-44-00.cfg;subdir=git \
            "

When I run 

petalinux-config -c u-boot

later, I can see some of the changes I made is still there, but for example the I2C Command CONFIG_CMD_I2C is removed.

I also see that this happens when U-boot is built, since the I2C command is also not present, even though I have the following settings as well:

CONFIG_CMD_I2C=y

CONFIG_DM_I2C_COMPAT=y
# CONFIG_DM_I2C_GPIO is not set
# CONFIG_SYS_I2C_FSL is not set
CONFIG_SYS_I2C_CADENCE=y
# CONFIG_SYS_I2C_DW is not set
# CONFIG_SYS_I2C_INTEL is not set
# CONFIG_SYS_I2C_ROCKCHIP is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_MUX is not set
# CONFIG_CROS_EC_KEYB is not set

Any ideas will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: 2016.4 petalinux-config u-boot does not store changes

Jump to solution

I fixed it by increasing the BBFILE_PRIORITY_meta-user to 7, thus higher than that of the meta-plnx-generated layer. I then put my config's in the meta-user layer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I just noticed now that whenever I run petalinux-config -c u-boot, the config file in project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-bsp/u-boot/configs/ get's over written, and contains exactly the settings I can't seem to change. I'll try and see if the configs get loaded in the correct order.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I'm not sure why the u-boot config files should be in meta-plnx-generated as suggested by  AR 68449 instead of meta-user.  It seems as if meta-user's u-boot configs are not loaded after meta-plnx-generated's u-boot configs. I don't know if anyone can confirm or not, or if it is just some of my settings.

It also seems as if meta-plnx-generated's u-boot recipe gets overwritten when petalinux-config --get-hw-description is called, which is troublesome during development or whenever a full build is done.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I fixed it by increasing the BBFILE_PRIORITY_meta-user to 7, thus higher than that of the meta-plnx-generated layer. I then put my config's in the meta-user layer.

0 Kudos