UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant larshb
Participant

2019.2 FSBL

As of 2019.2, Xilinx Design Suite no longer includes SDK (Eclipse).

I have a Zynq-7000 project implemented in 2019.2 which I want to run PetaLinux on.

So my question is:

How do I generate an FSBL with 2019.2?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: 2019.2 FSBL

The petalinux will generate the boot images for you; including the fsbl

0 Kudos
Participant larshb
Participant

Ok, but using previous versions I have modified the FSBL to set up GPIO (enabling UART for debug among others). Are you saying I can do the same, but rather somewhere in the Petalinux configure/build process? I know I can still use petalinux-package --fsbl <my_fsbl>.elf ..., but then I need to build it using older versions of SDK.

0 Kudos

If you want to make changes to the FSBL in petalinux, then you would need to create a patch and add this to the fsbl recipe in your petalinux project.

for example:

Then in Petalinux project directory

mkdir -p project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/fsbl/files

Copy the patch to the fsbl/files directory

Create the bbappend:

fsbl_%.bbappend

#Force to use embeddedsw repo

EXTERNALXSCTsrc=""

EXTERNALXSCTSRC_BUILD = ""

#Patch FSBL

SRC_URI_append += " file://0001_fsbl_mods.patch"

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

Or, just use SDK (same version as petalinux), and point to this when doing a petalinux-package

Participant larshb
Participant

Thank you very much! Your answer is greatly appreciated. When you say SDK same version, do you mean Vitis? So far I have been using earlier releases, but I realize Vitis is also built on top of Eclipse.

0 Kudos

Yes, that should say SDK/Vitis of the same version as petalinux. So, if 2019.2 it would be Vitis 2019.2, and Petalinux 2019.2.

You can create the FSBL here (with your mods), and point to it during petalinux-package. for example:

petalinux-package --boot --fsbl path/to/your/fsbl --u-boot

Once this all work, you can create the patch using the steps above

0 Kudos