UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 bit libs for PetaLinux

Hi!

I run a PetaLinux on a Zynq ZCU104 Kit. Everything is 64 bit.

I have an embedded program which runs on top of Posix, however it needs to be 32 bit.

And it needs to link against 32 bit libraries. So I need them usable next to their 64 bit siblings.

How can I compile the PetaLinux libs for 32 bit?

Or can I generate an entire image running only 32 bit?

Thanks in advance,

Nils

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 32 bit libs for PetaLinux

Hi @nilsmontenegro

Follow bellow steps to build rootfs in PetaLinux with multilib support to use a 32-bit application on Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC.

1. Create a PetaLinux project for your HW and enable the boot mode:

1. Add the following to <plnx-proj-root>/project-spec/meta-user/conf/petalinuxbsp.conf

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "xen"

require conf/multilib.conf

SIGGEN_LOCKEDSIGS_TYPES = ""

2. Add 32 bit applications and packages(For example we have added cpio, util-linux, file packages) you need as shown below <plnx-proj-root>/project-spec/meta-user/conf/petalinuxbsp.conf

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "lib32-cpio lib32-util-linux lib32-file"

3. When you create apps from petalinux using the command. 

$ petalinux-create t apps --name sampleapp

which adds an entry in <plnx-proj-root>/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-user-image.bbappend as mentioned below for 64-bit

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "sampleapp"

You need to modify this as mentioned below for 32-bit and enable this apps from petalinux-config -c rootfs ---> user packages ---> [*]lib32-sampleapp

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "lib32-sampleapp"

4. Remove the cache and tmp from your build directory and re-build the project

5. petalinux-build

For your reference :

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842513/Creating+a+multilib+image+for+the+ZCU102+using+Yocto

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: 32 bit libs for PetaLinux

Hi!

Thanks for the answer, I tried it during that week. I didn't get to the goal jet.

It increased the compile time from half an hour to 4 hours (why?), so it's hard to try out things.

Also it ends in an error message

checking for "gbm >= 10.2.0"... no
configure: error: Glamor for Xorg requires gbm >= 10.2.0

Which are grafical libraries as far as I know. They are not really needed.in our embedded settings with a serial terminal.

They come after this command:

NOTE: Running ../xorg-server-1.19.3/configure  --build=x86_64-linux

I thought I deactivated xorg-server whith petalinux-config -c rootfs

What to do?

Regards

Nils

UPDATE: I saw that libdrm was still activated, it might have dragged in X11 stuff. I deactivated it and am recompiling the stuff now. Let's hope it helps. I am confused anyway, because the error did not happen before I tried to compile 32 bit libs.

These are the 32 bit libs I included: lib32-glibc lib32-libgcc lib32-libstdc++

UPDATE 2: Excluding libdrm didn't help. The error message is:

ERROR: xserver-xorg-2_1.19.3-r0 do_configure: configure failed

[lot's of log]

checking for "gbm >= 10.2.0"... no
configure: error: Glamor for Xorg requires gbm >= 10.2.0

0 Kudos