Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csd
Visitor
Visitor

AXI GPIO dual channel linux interrupt problem

Hi,

I've run into a problem where I have a PL with an AXI GPIO configured with dual channel, and I was not seeing interrupts working on Linux. I've tracked it down to the gpio-xilinx driver in Linux. In a dual-channel configuratio is calling " irq_set_handler_data(res.start, (void *)chip);" 2 times with the same interrupt, one for each channel, and then the 2nd call overwrites the first call.

I've created the attached patch to confirm that this is the problem and gpio-interrupts work properly with this patch. Not sure it's the best solution but I can confirm it works. I'm using petalinux 2020.2 and the linux kernel I applied it to is xlnx_rebase_v5.4_2020.2

Thanks,

Christian.

1 Reply
abhinayp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @csd ,

Thanks for sharing the information, with the patch I will contact factory and let you know the further details.

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos