Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

AXI-ICAP linux driver not showing up in dmesg

Hi

I am using a linux-xlnx (latest git version) to bring up AXI-ICAP on an ML605 base system with Microblaze. I noticed that the driver does not come up in dmesg. I have enabled the ICAP driver in menuconfig.

When I built a PLB basesystem with the ICAP driver (using the same version of linux), the driver did show up on dmesg. 

Is there something that I am missing. Are there any workarounds to do ?

Thank you for your replies. Let me know if you need more information.

RRS

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

RRS,

I haven't seen this, but you might try emailing git@xilinx.com to see if they have any knowledge about what had changed between the PLB and the AXI ICAP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Mod

Thank you. I had tweeted about this and was told to post it here. I will send Xilinx GIT an email about it.

Thanks, it would be great if you could leave this message here. Would be great if someone could tell me any workarounds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

unfortunately I don't know that this driver was transitioned from PLB to AXI. I'll ask about that to our driver team. This driver doesn't get tested in our automation as it's never been something that was used a lot, more of a toy and used by universities. I'm interested in your use case also.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I was able to modify the ICAP driver (rather hack) it to now show up on Linux.

I am trying to do a multiboot using Linux
rev0 is the golden bitstream that runs linux and rev1 holds the test bistream. All I need the ICAP to do is to send in the multiboot sequence (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/xtp043.pdf).

Here is the problem. I have the base-system working completely as expected in standalone mode. When in Linux, using the writing to the fifo_icap_fifo_write() routine seems to hang up the system.

RRS
0 Kudos