cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlmulder
Visitor
Visitor

Adding scipy/OpenBLAS to Petalinux

I have successfully built Petalinux (2019.1) with Python and several of its packages (numpy, etc, which are available in the rootfs configuration), but I also need to add scipy. I found a bb recipe for scipy, but it has a dependencies (OpenBLAS). The OpenBLAS recipes that I found won't build. I get different errors with different recipes and different hacks at the recipes, but just haven't found the right combination. I do have fortran working.

Has anyone found a full solution to installing scipy and its dependencies on Petalinux for Zync?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ihcfan
Visitor
Visitor

Did you ever solve this?  I'm facing the same problem.

0 Kudos
tcapuano-aps
Visitor
Visitor

Anything? I just posted a similar question.

0 Kudos
tcapuano-aps
Visitor
Visitor

To the future poor soul to attempt this installations,

It is my understanding that Scipy requires LAPACK. LAPACK upon compilation requires libgfortran. libgfortran requires arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gfortran. According to this article:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gfortran/td-p/713158, this is not a supported compiler.

You might be able to get this build to work by using the ARM or Linaro Compilers. I decided to just re-write the scipy sections of my application in numpy.

-Tom

0 Kudos