UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor anletop
Visitor

Archieving build for reproducing in the future when needed

Hi all,

I use petalinux-2017.2 to build the image to run on zynq 7000. I get to a stage where I would like to archive/backup my work so that I can reproducing the same image in the future.

I also aware that if I want to reproduce it using the local files, I need to set BB_NO_NETWORK = "1" in local.conf to prevent it fetches the up-to-date file from network.

I used the downloaded sstate_rel_2017.2 so my local sstate url points to this area. During the build process, a number of tar files get downloaded to  Project/build/downloads and so as my Project/build/sstate-cache/*/ grew with *.siginfo files.

If I were able to save my Project/build/downloads files, is it enough to be reproduced the same image? How can I specify to use these downloads file, given that I already set my local sstate url to point to sstate_rel_2017.2.

Or is it a better way to do it?

I would be really appreciate if you could shed some light on the above.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos