UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Architecture did not match (ARM, expected AArch64) on ZynqMP

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04.2 in a Zynq Ultrascale+ EG for an application development. If I run lscpu I obtain:

Architecture:          aarch64
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                4
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-3
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    4
Socket(s):             1
CPU max MHz:           1199.9990
CPU min MHz:           299.9990

I've implemented an application in C that is compiled with gcc. I was expecting that this app was for 64 bit, but when I run "file MyApp" I obtain:

MyApp: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, 
for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=2a83542bc6e3cd46b7c87b7f365c4f1081f7fcc9, not stripped

Then I try to add the binary and other files as a Yocto layer (called cpfiles), since it was the method I successfully used in a Zynq. The files are copied in the Apache directory since the app is some kind of server. However, I'm obtaining an error when compiling the image:

ERROR: cpfiles-1.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: Architecture did not match (ARM, expected AArch64) on 
/work/aarch64-xilinx-linux/cpfiles/1.0-r0/packages-split/cpfiles-dbg/usr/share/apache2/htdocs/.debug/MyApp

The same error is obtained for the library libwebsockets. I'm not sure if this error is caused due to a wrong compilation method or because I'm using this library and then the compiled app is for 32-b instead of 64. Any clue on how to solve this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Architecture did not match (ARM, expected AArch64) on ZynqMP

Check what compiler options use your gcc command

0 Kudos