09-23-2020 08:29 AM - edited 09-23-2020 08:30 AM
1. When the VIPP driver is loaded it expects the VDMA driver as well to load along
2.When the VDMA driver is loaded I could see the screen blacks out.
3. Due to VIPP driver I could register the subdevices.
4. I am using the VDMA as is. Without making any configuration changes?.
What is going wrong how to analyze the issue to get a clear cut picture of the same.
09-24-2020 11:30 PM
Hi @watari ,
Thank you for the response . I am attaching the part of the design for reference.
As a basic debugging, What I observe is when I enable the VDMA, the screen becomes black. Else it works as expected.
Is it possible that vdma configuration is going wrong.
09-24-2020 11:34 PM
09-25-2020 12:57 AM - edited 09-25-2020 01:31 AM
Hi @watari ,
I will do what you have asked me to check?. I have further questions to understand the context of the problem.
My understanding as per the design.
1. The scalers forward the data through vdma write channel to the DDR, And the data is read back using the read channel to the mixer.
2. The mixer has several layers and superimpose one layer on top of another and forwards the composed picture to the AXIS interface which further forwards it to the HDMI output.
3. In my test setup, I have two video sources are played out. One is logo and another is input video from TPG. As I boot the logo stays without any change, But the input from the TPG is completely disappearing.
1. How checking the "AXI4Stream to Video out" ip will show the rootcause of the problem.
2. How can check the same?.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
10-01-2020 03:00 PM
Sorry for my late reply.
>1. How checking the "AXI4Stream to Video out" ip will show the rootcause of the problem.
1. Connect status port on "AXI4Stream to Video out" and "ILA" IP to monitor internal signals.
2. Capture status signal by ILA on your board.
Would you try it ?
Also, these URLs are helpful for you.
Would you refer them, too ?
10-06-2020 06:27 AM
Thank you for the feedback. What I found is after resetting the VDMA IP block, it is not recovering back. Now I am not allowing to work by disabling the write functionality. Since the VDMA is initailized using the Baremetal application It works. I will be investigating this issue further and report back.