UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mna75
Visitor

BlueCat Linux

Hello Everyone,

I want to know where can I get BlueCat Linux for Microblaze core? Is it included with the "Embedded Development HW/SW Kit – Spartan-3A DSP S3D1800A MicroBlaze Processor Edition" ( http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/DO-SD1800A-EDK-DK-UNI-G.htm )?

Waiting for your response.

Thanx for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: BlueCat Linux

I don't think it's included.  You have to buy it from LynuxWorks, though if you can find someone that's already got it, you should be able to get a copy of it (though not any non-GPL tools or scripts they might use in their build system).

I've used the Linux port from PetaLogix instead.  They have both uCLinux, for MB without MMU, and a test release of full Linux for MB with MMU.  Both can be downloaded from their web site.  (PetaLogix does use some non-GPL tools or scripts in their build system.)

0 Kudos
Visitor mna75
Visitor

Thanx for the reply. I've looked on the LynuxWorks website but couldn't find any page related to buying the full version of BlueCat for Microblaze core. Any idea?

Thanx

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

There's a "how to order" link at the bottom of the page.  As far as I can tell, though, it just says you have to order from a sales office.  That's one reason I used PetaLinux instead.  I don't like dealing with companies that aren't willing to put their product prices on their web site and accept orders online.  That always suggests to me that one or more of the following may be true: 

1. They don't think my time is valuable
  2. The product is overpriced
  3. They want to play games with the pricing
Message Edited by brouhaha on 06-05-2008 02:48 PM
0 Kudos