Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igal_kroyter
Participant
Participant

Boot.bin Preparation for MPSOC

Jump to solution

Hello,

During ZCU102 booting I get the message :"Wrong Image format for bootm command" - when the u-boot tries to load the image.ub to RAM from the flash. I have verified the env parameters:

bootcmd=run default_bootcmd

default_bootcmd = run cp_kernel2ram && bootm ${netstart}

netstart = 0x1000_0000

cp_kernel2ram = sf probe 0 sf read ${netstart} ${kernelstart} ${kernelsize}

kernelstart = 0x1e4_0000 (comply with values from petalinux_config)

kernelsize = 0x240_0000 (comply with values from petalinux_config)

bootm = not defined

I have tried to generated the BOOT.bin with the following tools:

1) petalinux-package --boot

2) bootgen (directly and via a bif file)

3) SDK - Create Boot Image tool (via bif file)

The flash type on the ZCU102 is qspi_dual _parallel.

The bootgen has an option 'dual_qspi_mode' which I tried and realized that it is not supported for bin files (required for zynqMP).

Any support will be appreciated,

thanks,

Igal

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
debrajr

There is a known issue of hang in 2016.4 for PMUFW trying to use uart1. There is a patch provided in the Answer Record: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68522.html. Please try to use that by following the instructions provided in the Answer Record.

Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
igal_kroyter
Participant
Participant
I have replaced the image.ub with one provided from the UB1209 and the petalinux booted.

Made me thinking what did I do wrong when I run petalinux-build that provided me an incorrect image.ub.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Igal
0 Kudos
igal_kroyter
Participant
Participant
BTW, once a "working" image.ub replaced the previous one the pmufw was launched, while with the "not working" image.ub the pmufw was not launched.
per my bif file is is supposed to be launched right after loading the bit file into the FPGA.

advice will be appreciated.

Igal
0 Kudos
debrajr

Igal,

Could you please confirm if the Image Storage is pointed to primary flash?

image_storage.JPG

Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
igal_kroyter
Participant
Participant

Debraj,

Yes I have verified it again and also rebuild the whole BOOT.BIN again just to make sure.

1) Is there a way to debug the petalinux-package tool as with the bootgen tool.

2) The BOOT.BIN was not created with any notification that the target flash is dual parallel only in the SDK tool I notified that the target is such.

Thanks,

Igal

0 Kudos
debrajr
1) Can you post the Boot log from UART? There is no inbuilt debug mechanism to use.
2) U-boot would reflect usage of QSPI, please review the Boot log.

To only test the kernel using QEMU: petalinux-boot --qemu --kernel

Or just to check if everything works fine, boot petalinux from JTAG instead of QSPI and check. You can refer to UG1144 for steps.
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos
shabbirk

Hi

Can you try giving at the uboot prompt: 
U-Boot-PetaLinux> setenv bootcmd 'run sdboot'

U-Boot-PetaLinux> saveenv

U-Boot-PetaLinux> reset

0 Kudos
debrajr

There is a known issue of hang in 2016.4 for PMUFW trying to use uart1. There is a patch provided in the Answer Record: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68522.html. Please try to use that by following the instructions provided in the Answer Record.

Regards,
Debraj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos