UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bringup the ZC706 board with Petalinux OS along with AD9371 drivers (ZC706 + AD9371)

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on Ubuntu 2016.4 with Xilinx Vivado & SDK 2018.1, Petalinux 2018.1 and Petalinux BSP 2018.1 all are downloaded form Xilinx website (https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html) 

two things I have tried

Method 1. With downloaded BSP

petalinux-boot --jtag --prebuilt 3

Method 2.

Created a Vivado project exported Hardware to SDK to get .hdf file

petalinux-create --type project --template zynq --name zc_706

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<path-to-hdf-directory>

petalinux-config

petalinux-config -c kernel  (Drivers support -> Industrial I/O support -> Analog to digital converters inside there are no AD9371 drivers)

petalinux-config -c rootfs

petalinux-build

petalinux-boot --jtag --prebuilt 3

In both Methods It bringup the board with Petalinux 2018.1 but I couldn't find AD9371 drivers.

Also I download hdl from here https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/docs/build but when I try make it not generating .hdf file giving some error as show in attachment. 

I want to know how to Bringup the ZC706 board with Petalinux OS along with AD9371 drivers from Scratch and more over how we can know that the drivers are present in the OS after board bringup happen.

Thanks in Advance.

make.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Bringup the ZC706 board with Petalinux OS along with AD9371 drivers (ZC706 + AD9371)

Hi jaibalayya@123,

method 1

You can use below user guide build petalinux.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Please create your driver files as a patch and apply on recipe-kernel in petalinux project.

method-2

check with analog devices whether they have released a Linux tree where their kernel supports Xilinx configuration

Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bringup the ZC706 board with Petalinux OS along with AD9371 drivers (ZC706 + AD9371)

Hi jaibalayya,

I think this is the old post but I am using the same setup but with zcu102 board. The drivers we will get using ADI layers (meta-adi and meta-adi-xilinx). I assume you have already solved the problem by now but If you have already used this setup I have little query.
There are two versions of ad9371 setup : No-OS and petalinux (linux driver) which is useful?
Thank you
Regards
Pavan

0 Kudos